For the melomakarona:
- 60 gr. AMINO ANIMO Power Mix Cocoa
- 200 gr. nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, in equal parts or not)
- 50-70 gr. buckwheat flakes (alternatively ready-made buckwheat or oatmeal powder / flour)
- 110 ml olive oil
- 30 gr. sugar
- 120 ml orange juice (or 1 orange)
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp. cognac
- 2/3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp. ground cloves
- Nuts (walnuts / peanuts) for garnish
For the syrup:
(with sugar / maple syrup / agave / molasses or honey in the non-vegan version)
- 250 ml water
- 300 gr. sugar (coconut or black) & 100ml maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange peel
- Create a nut powder using a blender. If you want, you can leave some small nut pieces for crunchiness.
- Put the nut powder into a large bowl and add the cinnamon, cloves and AMINO ANIMO organic protein. Stir.
- Create a powder from the buckwheat flakes using a blender and keep it aside.
- Lightly mix the sugar with the oil in a bowl with a fork, until melted.
- In another bowl, pour the orange juice and immediately add the soda to activate.
- Pour the 2 previous liquids to the bowl with the nut powder.
- Stir with a fork until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Slowly add the buckwheat powder and work the dough with the hands, not intensely, until you reach a pliable, oily and fluffy form.
- If you have time, cover the dough and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Shape the melomakarona into an elongated shape and place them on baking paper with a relative distance between them.
- Bake at 180 degrees (in a preheated oven) for about 18-20 minutes. Let them cool well afterward.
- Prepare the syrup by putting all the ingredients in a saucepan. Once boiling, lower the heat to the lowest temperature, just to keep the syrup warm.
- Dip the melomakarona in the hot syrup for less than 1 minute, turning them over in the middle (20-30 ”on each side).