For the burger:
- 80 gr. onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 gr. carrot
- 150 gr. red beans
- 150 gr. boiled chickpeas
- 3 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 50 gr. AMINO ANIMO Pumpkin Protein
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/3 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 40 gr. oat flakes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 3 burger buns
- 1 tomato
- Sauce of your choice (eg. mustard with vegan yogurt)
- 10-12 lettuce leaves
- In a pan over medium heat, pour 1 tbsp. olive oil and sauté the chopped onions with the grated carrots for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the grated garlic, tomato sauce and all the spices and continue sauteing for 1 more minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a blender, puree the red beans, chickpeas, sautéed vegetables and Pumpkin Protein, until a thick mixture is formed with small pieces of legumes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the parsley, oats, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix well, until the mixture becomes pliable. If needed, add more oats.
- Form 3 burgers with your hands.
- Sprinkle a non-stick pan with olive oil and cook the burgers on medium to high heat for about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- If you want, also toast the buns.
- To serve, add the sauce, tomato slices, lettuce leaves, pickles, burger and whatever else you want.