For the béchamel:
• 112.5 gr. AMINO ANIMO Rice Protein
• 1 1/2 liters of water
• 200 gr. cauliflower
• 7 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. nutmeg
For the pastitsio:
• 200 gr. chickpeas
• 1 green pepper
• 1 red pepper
• 1 leek
• 2 onions
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 6 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. oregano
• 1 tbsp. agave syrup
• 4 tomatoes
• 1 pack of penne pasta (For gluten-free, gluten-free pasta)
• 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- Boil the cauliflower in the water until soft.
- Add the boiled cauliflower, some of the boiling water and all the rest of the béchamel ingredients to the blender and beat well, until a homogeneous cream is formed.
- Transfer the béchamel to the saucepan with the rest of the water and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the béchamel aside.
- Soak the chickpeas from the previous day and boil them until soft. Then cut them into smaller pieces with a knife.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Blend the tomatoes in the blender.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and saute all the chopped vegetables.
- Add the melted tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and agave syrup. Stir and cook on low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water for half the time indicated on the package.
- Mix the sauce, pasta and some of the béchamel in a bowl.
- Grind the peanuts in the blender.
- Spread the mixture on a 45x35x5 cm. pan and spread the rest of the béchamel on top. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ᵒC for about 30 minutes.